Types of personal data we collect
Public information uploaded by you
•information in your profile, blogs, shouts, pictures, videos, events, music, links
•messages sent to other users, as well as ratings, shouts and contributions to another user's guestbook
•links to your friends and groups
Private information uploaded by you:
•settings and administrative data such as your username and password, skin, logs, credits and shortcuts
•your privacy settings, whitelist and blacklist
History and logs
•time, date and URL of all Montreal Attitude pages visited by you
•the URL of the referring websites
•the searches your perform on the website
•technical information regarding your internet browser and computer 1
Purposes for which we use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
•publish the information intended to be made public by you, under the conditions specified in your privacy settings
•allow you to correctly use the website in accordance with your settings
•perform general customer administration 2
•send you communications about the website, as well as our other products and services 3
•provide you with advertisements tailored to your profile 4
•investigate fraud and infringements of our Code of Conduct
•generate anonymous statistics about the (users of the) website, to improve the website or convey statistical information to third parties
Storage term and location
Montreal Attitude applies the following storage terms:
•Information uploaded by you: stored during a period of 6 months after you delete this information, or delete your account. (Note: you can delete your account at any time. If you do not log in on your account during a period of two years, your account will be deleted automatically.)
•History and logs: stored during a period of 6 months after the history item or log event was created
•Cookies: cookies used on the website have a maximum lifetime of 100 days. 5
Your personal data may be stored in a country outside Canada.
How your personal data are shared with third parties
•Third parties can access all information intended to be made public by you, under the conditions specified in your privacy settings.
•We hate spam as much as you do. Your e-mail address is never shared by us with any third party. 6
•For the purpose of targeted advertisements, we share your browser type, IP address, current and previous URL you are visiting (and search query), age, gender, and geographical location with our advertisement provider. This information may subsequently be used by other websites for the display and management of targeted advertisements. 7
•We never share any of your other personal data with any third party, unless you give your explicit permission. 8
•We may, however, provide access to your personal data in case of illegal use, or when we receive orders from legal authorities.
Cookies and web-bugs
•You can disable cookies in your internet browser, although some parts of the website will then no longer function correctly. 10
•The website also uses a cookie and an AdPath pixel ("web-bug") to allow third parties to tailor advertisements to your profile. 11
•You can get access to your personal data free of charge (and correct it, or have it corrected, where relevant). 12
•You can object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Montreal Attitude QC,CA
Last changed on June 16, 2011.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, version and manufacturer of your browser and operating system (where possible).
- Process payments, send usernames and passwords, respond to questions, …
- You can configure which communications you want to receive from us by visiting the settings web page.
- Your online profile will may be used by other websites to provide you with targeted advertising. These websites may combine the personal data collected on the Montreal Attitude website with personal data collected from other sources. Consult the privacy policies of these parties to learn more about how your personal data are used by them. You may opt out from targeted advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Note that you can delete cookies yourself by following the instructions on this web page.
- Please note that all data entered into "Central and News Feed Updates" on your profile will be made publicly available.
- Your online profile may also be used by other websites to provide you with targeted advertising. These websites may combine the personal data collected on the Montreal Attitude website with personal data collected from other sources. Consult the privacy policies of our advertisement providers to learn more about how your personal data are used by them. You may opt out from targeted advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- For example, you may want to install an application on your profile, which you then allow access to some of your personal data. Note that applications are developed and operated by third parties, and not by Montreal Attitude.
- Cookies are small bits of information that are stored by your internet browser at the request of an internet server. Cookies only store a very limited amount of information, and are mostly used to identify a user or store custom settings during a browsing session. Cookies are also commonly used to allow advertisers to recognize a user across different websites. Cookies are not dangerous for your computer, as they are simple pieces of text. They cannot be used as viruses.
- Read how to do this here.
- Together with the use of a cookie, and our stats gathering program that tracks which web pages on our network you are visiting, to build up your online profile and to provide targeted advertising to you.
- All data that you upload can be accessed and modified through your online account. You can access the history and logs we keep about you by sending a signed letter to Montreal Attitude Privacy, firstname.lastname@example.org together with a copy of your identity card.